Poster Printing is offered for department faculty and students for research and teaching presentations.
Please read the following notes BEFORE requesting poster prints:
- To obtain a poster print or request information, please do not wait until the last minute.
You must send email to schedule a Print Session (30 Minute time slots).
Contact: Rich Berscak, firstname.lastname@example.org 631-632-8042, (Cell) 631-767-8799.
Alternate Contact: Frank Chin, email@example.com 631-632-8090, (Cell) 631-767-8798
- The Physics and Astronomy Department uses a HP DesignJet Z3200ps (44 inch) poster printer located on Plaza level of the Physics Building.
- There is a two day turn around for all poster print requests. Because of the printing volume, we cannot accommodate last-minute "rush jobs".
- All prints should be in pdf format. Make sure that you specify the paper size correctly when converting your preferred file format to pdf format.
- The final poster print size MUST be formatted on the computer in which the Poster is generated. And must be brought to P-115 on a USB Flash Drive.
To do this: Click on File, Click on Page Setup, Click Paper, then set poster size width and height. The Poster Paper being used is 42 inches. Maximum size in either dimension cannot exceed 41 inches for the poster.1
- Poster print files MUST have Embedded True Type Fonts set on the Tools Menu.
To do this: Click on Tools Menu, Click on Options, Click on Save, then click on (check box for) Embedded True Type Fonts.
- The poster background must be "WHITE." Do not fill in the poster background with a color.
- A print file MUST be brought to the printer on a memory stick. Re-read items #4, #5, #6, and #7.
- Correct formatting is the responsibility of the requester, we cannot re-print posters due to formatting errors. If in doubt, ask for help.
If your conference requires a poster size which exceeds 41" in one of the two directions, please contact Dean Schamberger (dean.schamberger@StonyBrook.edu) for help in creating a properly formatting your pdf file.